Please form up with a group of several students. Three to five. Spend 20 minutes collaborating on a photography session. Take one image from the shoot. Process and post it along with a quick reflection answering the following questions:
- What did you learn about photography this semester (this could be the technical/scientific/engineering side and/or the artistic side)?
- What should be modified about this project if it is done in the future?
Thanks for the feedback!
For your honors project, please put a post onto your blog titles, “Honors Post”
Please post the following:
- A link to your honors paper or video
- (Astronomy Honors) Processed images of your astronomy pics (deep sky) and/or widefield or a link to your timelapse if you made one
- (Rocketry Honors) Link to the projected height calculation from the thrust test data
- (Weather Balloon) Lab write-up showing results of your high altitude experiment
- Final reflection. What did you learn about rocketry, astronomy or high altitude science that is new to you? How was the overnight camping experience/rocket launch/balloon launch? What stood out?
Hi all. This is the final blog post you will need to write this semester as part of your grade. You should be all updated on everything else. This needs to be done by Monday (but use today’s in class time to work on it) because we’ll be doing interviews with everyone next week that we hope to use at exhibition.
- Image of the Week: Upload the image you wish to use as your final print in this folder. Will from Outside the Lens will be in tomorrow to take one final look at the image before we print next week. You will have one last chance to edit. However, put your image in the folder labeled with your name (example: brian_delgado.jpg). Make sure the image is 300 dpi and 24″ x 36″.
- Post a reflection answering the following questions. These will be used next week in the interviews we conduct.
- What people, places or things hold meaning for you and why?
- How do you overcome obstacles or persevere through difficult times?
- What brings you peace, happiness or enjoyment? Why?
- What fears do you have for the future?
- Post your final exam essential question along with at least one article which I can read prior to our conversation.
Please keep in mind that all honors students must complete either an educational video or a research paper. The research paper should be 3 – 5 pages long and have footnoted citations. The paper should be double spaced and 12 point font. Turn it in by this Friday, April 8th if you want me to give feedback before the due date on April 15th. See me if you have question on this.
For astronomy the research questions are:
- What is the science behind how stars shine? How do we know this?
- What is entropy and how is it significant to the processes we see in the night sky?
- What is gravity and how is it significant to the structures we see in the night sky?
Choose one for the paper or make a 3 – 5 minute educational video on any of the three topics.
For Rocketry either write a 3 – 5 page paper or make a 3 – 5 minute educational video on the following topics:
- What is the significance of the nozzle in creating the thrust necessary to get the rocket off the ground? How do designs optimize the shape to create the most thrust?
- What are the major differences between solid and liquid fuels in the design and performance of a rocket?
- How are scientists able to use the mathematics of orbital mechanics to create precise flight paths through the vastness of space?
For Weather Balloon Science write a 3- 5 page paper or create a 3 – 5 minute video on one of the following questions:
- How have humans used high altitude balloons to understand weather systems?
- What is the science behind how high altitude balloons? How does the balloon system create lift and fall back to earth? How is the balloon recovered? How does the gps system work?
- How does sound work?