This is what you need one your blog by April 6th.
Blog Post 8 (Week of March 14th)
Please submit the following to your blog for your 8th weekly blog post:
- Studio photos for Problem Set 7/8 with a reflection on what you learned about lighting and photography from doing the shoot. (Problem Set)
- Choose a photo from the beginning of the semester and one from more recently. Post them with a reflection on how you’ve improved as a photographer. Be specific. Was it your ability to compose a photo? To find the right light? To use the camera’s settings to your advantage? To tell a story through a photo? Also, reflect on the process of improvement. How does it feel to get better at an activity? What does it do for you? What is required to make the improvement? (Reflection)
- Your 3rd final product – written with a photo. You should now have a photo and story that represents meaning for you, someone you know, and a stranger. (Final Product)
- Post another photo from our final week before break. This can be one of the studio photos. (Photo of the Week)
Blog Post 7 (Week of March 7th)
Post the following for this week’s blog post
- Problem set 7/8 is due by the end of the day March 18th. Put a post up with the name of your partner and the plan for your studio sessions you will do by March 18th. (Problem Set)
- On your main page under the heading “Best Photos” post your three best, processed photos that you would use as potential prints for the final exhibition. (Main Blog)
- Reflection. With the article we read in class in mind, share the most meaningful experience you’ve had in nature. Explain why. Use descriptive language. Show the reader what it felt like. (Reflection)
- Physics of Photography. Pup up a post documenting your experiment/activity. It should have an image or video of the experiment you did with a short written description of your process and what you learned/showed from doing it. This needs to be complete and up by March 18th by the latest. (Main Blog)
- Photo of the week. This should be your 7th photo. Get it up. (Photo of the Week)
Blog Post 6 (Week of Feb 29th – Middlesession)
Submit the following as your work for Middle Session:
- Second Final Product. You should have a processed photo along with a story from your Middle Session experience (Final Product)
- Weekly Problem Set. This week, you should write a short research paper of 200 words on your Physics of Photography topic. One person in your group should write about the question you were given. The other person should write on its importance to photography. Cite sources using footnotes. (Problem Set)
- Readings. Read the following and answer the question (Reflection)
- Reflection: What was the highlight of Middle Session? What was your greatest challenge? Reflection)
Blog Post 5 (Week of Feb 22nd)
Your blog post for this week should contain the following:
- Problem Set – Practice Midterm (Problem Set)
- Three photos exploring the theme of meaning in your life all at high enough resolution for an unpixelated 8″x10″ print (Photo of the Week)
- Read this article and check this page. Then ensure your photo we’re printing this week is at least the ‘better’ quality for print resolution (1920×2400 at 240 ppi)
- Reflection – what was challenging about Middle Session session planning? What did you learn going through that process about yourself and the people you worked with in planning? Are you nervous about executing any part of your plan at this point? What are you most excited for? (Reflection)
Blog Post 4 (Week of Feb 15th)
Post the following to your blog this week:
- Problem Set 4 which includes researching some photos and getting 10 photos of your own up. (Problem Set)
- A first draft of one of your final products. You can choose, but post a first draft of an image/text for yourself, a stranger, or someone you know. (Photo of the Week)
- Reflection question of the week (write a short response): how does education and learning create meaning in your life? (Reflection)
Blog Post 3 (Week of Feb 8th)
For this week, submit the following to your blog by Monday, February 15th:
- Problem Set 3: Electromagnetism (Problem Set)
- Photo of the week with a note on composition. How have you improved on framing your subject? On creating depth? On using lines? (Photo of the Week)
- Reflection of the week:
- Read the following text on Gravitational Waves and answer the question, “How does the pursuit of understanding and knowledge through science create meaning for humans?” Use ideas or quotes from the text for support
- What did you get done this week? Are you using your time efficiently? What are you worried about? (Reflection)
Blog Post 2 (Week of Feb 1st)
For your second blog post of the semester, please submit the following by Monday, February 8th.
- Electric Charge Problem Set (Problem Set)
- Photo of the Week with a short caption on your process for capturing it (Photo of the Week)
- Weekly Reflection (Reflection)
- On Bumblebees and Electric Charge. What insight did you gain into the nature of electric charge by reading this article? Use quotes to back up your thoughts.
- Meaning and Happiness – Pick one quote from the article. What struck you about the quote? Does the article make you think differently about what you pursue in life?
- A short paragraph reflecting on how you used your time this week and how you will use your time next week?
Blog Post 1 (Week of Jan 25th)
For this week’s assignment, post the following to your blog:
- Problem Set 1 on Waves (Problem Set)
- A photo from the week that you took along with a short post on what you learned from the Outside the Lens lessons (Photo of the Week)
- A written piece answering two questions: (Reflection)
- What gives you purpose in life and why?
- What did you learn about electromagnetism this week and what questions do you have?