Post for following by Friday, end of day for your 8th post:
- Three pictures from the OB field day. Post your best pictures from last week.
- At least three pictures from the Barrio Logan field day.
- label all of your photos and put a note on what your thinking is behind the work.
- Problem Set: Energy Usage
- Read the article on San Diego Energy Use. Watch the video on thermal energy generation. Also watch the video on renewable energy generation.
- What are your thoughts on your own energy use in San Diego?
- What would you like to see San Diego do to develop energy supply in the future? Why?
- What is the relation between all types of energy harnessed on earth and the sun? Why is that significant?
- What questions do you have about energy generation?
- An update of honors work from the past few weeks. What have you accomplished on your honors project so far? What is your timeline for further completion of work? How do you plan to get that done?
This folder has sample templates for you to use for your piece. This folder has sample layouts. You can use one of these or invent your own. Good luck!
Today, you should be working on the following:
- Everyone should submit the book article to their area editor for another edit. The area editor needs to read through each paper and edit a second time for grammar and spelling. The text should be a third person account answering a question about their topic for the book. Area editors: please let Brian or Adam know if anyone in your group still does not have a complete 350 – 5oo word piece.
- Everyone should spend time completing a first draft of their additional book piece. Everyone must submit an article with processed photos for publishing. Everyone also has to submit a companion piece: either a 150 – 200 word sidebar, a visual (such as a graph) which gives information about their area of town, or a piece of art that may be used in the book. The first draft of this piece should be ready for critique Tuesday.
- Graphic designers must each complete two templates for the book by Wednesday, Mar. 6th.
- Read this text on water use in cities and begin this week’s blog post by answering these questions:
- Estimate how much water you use per week
- How might you be able to cut back?
- What struck you about the article?
- What are other ways cities might save on water usage in the future? What plans should we pursue?
Post the following for this week’s blog post:
- Take a quote out of the text we read on water. Write the quote down. Add a brief comment as to why you chose that quote. What is significant about it? What questions do you have as a result of this text?
- Watch the following brief video on the polar nature of water. What is interesting about how water behaves relative to other substances? What questions do you have about water after watching this?
- What strikes you about the pale blue dot speech in light of the current state of the world? Are Sagan’s comments still relevant? Why or why not?
- Three photos from our Little Italy field day that have been processed in PhotoShop or Light Room. What did you learn about processing photos this week?
- A link to the second draft of your piece for the Urban Field Guide.