For the 10th Blog Post, post the following
- Weather Balloon Problem Set
- Read the articles on Earth’s Atmosphere and Earth’s Crust. Watch the video on Plate Tectonics and our leaky atmosphere-. Pick three ideas from these articles and explain their significance to life on the planet. What question(s) does it raise for you? Are there any connections you can make between the ideas?
- What did you work on this week? How did you use your time? Where are you developing? What do you want to improve on?
For the 9th blog post, post the following
- What strikes you about the size of the universe and our solar system? (See: Scale of the Solar System, If the Moon were a pixel)
- What is light? What distinguishes it from other phenomena in the universe? Why is it significant?
- How do digital cameras function to capture the light traveling through the universe and turn them into an image? (See: How Charge Coupled Devices Work)
- What did you do this week for your capstone project? What are you excited about? What fears do you have?
Post the following for Blog Post 8
- Watch this video on the EM spectrum and study this graphic. Pick one idea that is new to you and discuss why it is significant to our understanding of the universe
- In class reading. Reflect on one aspect of the fundamental nature of light: its speed, its particle-wave nature, the spectrum, its ability to carry information, etc. why is light and our understanding of it significant?
- Problem set – EM Waves
- Spend 20 minutes researching the science behind your capstone idea. What did you find? What questions does it raise for you?