Fantastic! You have successfully logged on to the HTH network and have found the class blog. From here you should do the following:
- Peruse the class blog. There are links at the top of the page for Assignments, Grading, the Class Syllabus, etc. Take 10 or 15 minutes to read about our coming semester. If you have any questions, write them down for discussion later on.
- Go to gmail.hightechhigh.org and log into your High Tech High email for the first time. Students coming from High Tech Middle Media Arts or High Tech Middle need to use the same email password they had last year. Students new to HTH should use the username and password you’ve been given to log onto the network. You can change that password once you’re into your gmail account.
- Once you’re in gmail, click the Google Apps button in the top right hand corner of the page. Open the Blogger App and follow the prompts to start a Class Blog. Please title the blog appropriately (you will use it to submit work this year) and select a url that makes sense. I might choose – Brian’s 9th Grade Science Blog as my title and bdelgado_hthscience.blogger.com as my url.
- Once you have created the blog, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Your blog url (make sure you’re sending the url and not the dashboard page. the url will have the address you select and blogger.com in the address. See my example above).
- What do you enjoy about science?
- What is challenging about science?
- What do you hope to get out of this year?
Thanks and good luck!