The first project sheet is attached. I have copied the text of it below.
Project 1: Matter and Energy
For our first project in physics class, you will be responsible for creating a sound file which addresses a question about matter and energy. The purpose of this is two-fold. First, we can begin exploring science topics that will support your radio drama podcast. Secondly, you can begin learning how to use the tools necessary for creating a radio drama.
For this first project, students will work with a partner that is chosen at random. Students will be required to project a sound file that is one minute to a minute and a half in length. The sound file will be assessed on the content as well as the quality of production. The audio lesson must address the significance of your topic and show an understanding of the current scientific thinking regarding it.
- Research. Students must research their question. Each student will have a separate question. However, partners’ questions will be similar in nature allowing them to work off of each other. Research should answer the question to the best of your ability. Think about these companion questions along the way. (Finished by Thurs Sept 11)
- What is the significance of this topic?
- What are the technologies that use this science?
- When was the science discovered?
- Who were important scientists to make the discovery?
- What questions does your knowledge of this topic raise for you?
- What research is ongoing in this field?
- How would you answer the question in two to three sentences?
- Script. Students must create a script based on their research. The script should be approximately 1:00 to 1:30 when read aloud. The script must be approved by Brian before continuing to the next step. (Scripts checked by Mon, Sept 16)
- Recording rough draft. When the script is complete, you may use whatever device available (there will be two iPads and in iPhone you can check out as well as your own devices) to record a draft. You must have at least two other people listen to your draft and get feedback on it. (Tues, Sept 17th)
- Final draft. You must produce a final draft that is edited together with your partner. The editing process can be done on Audacity on the school’s computers. You can also use a sound editing program your personal laptop as well. The final soundfile should be saved as an MP3 on your blog so we can play it for the class. (Fri, Sept 20th)